Technology based homework assignments; a must-have for students!
Teachers argue that technology based homework is a mandatory requirement for the students. However, students on the other hand held the view that home assignments which require them to use the internet for research purposes is not an essential thing. This is especially true for the younger learners and students in the teenage years. It is necessary for the students to do the homework, but in actuality they are given the homework for the enhancement of their knowledge and learn something new. The only way by which teachers can help students is make them motivated to use the internet sources for doing the homework assignments.
Examples for teachers to supplement the students in homework
Here are some of the examples which the teachers can use to aid students in their various assignments.
- Development of a web based vocabulary journal: This is one of the classical activities which can be used for both the young and adult learners. Teachers can utilize the web for students to help them design their own dictionary. In this activity, students can also use different types of apps which can enhance their English language learning skills. As students learn new words, teachers can also request them to insert the pictures from the web. They can show off their creativity in real terms here. Students can also write their own definitions of different words. In this way, it will be easier for them to learn new words!
- Carry out a research: This is an extremely engaging technique which can give some grammar practice to students. Teachers can assign students some of the tasks in which they have to perform the research on the topic by using the websites on the internet. They can also use the web based journals and articles on the net to conduct research on the topic. In this way they can come up with their own ideas. They can also perform some field work which relates to the topic. They can use the assignment help services from online service providers.
- Use the web based newspapers for different activities: This is good news for students. It emphasizes them to read the newspapers on the web. The activity can be done by using different newspapers on the web. Students can be given a newspaper article and write some sort of report on it. A dialogue can also be written where the students can act as journalists who are writing a story.
- Writing an email to each other: This activity is good for students in secondary classes. Students will be given a fake email and they will write a reply to it. Teachers can also provide them a solution on which they have to write an email and share it with one another using the internet.
- Using the TV for activities within the classroom: With the advent of technology, TV sets are getting old nowadays, but they can be a great resource for viewing the DVDs which are based on different cultural issues. Teachers can show students different videos and ask them to share the views with each other through discussion.